The Texas Food Truck Showdown is a fundraising event for the Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce’s many community development and economic programs.
Prizes will be awarded based on categories selected by the Chamber. Judges will be selected to participate in the process of awarding category winners. The judging will take place from 8 – 10 a.m., tentatively. We will award a $3,000 prize to the Texas Grand Champion; five additional category winners will win $500 each.
Food trucks accepted into the event will be required to create a Signature Dish that is to be portioned and sold in 4-oz. servings. Each 4-oz. serving will be sold in exchange for one Tasty Ticket. Only one ticket may be taken per Signature Dish.
The TFTS competition ends at 4 p.m., at which point, trucks will close for rest and restocking purposes. At precisely 5 p.m., trucks will re-open for full menu sales until 8 p.m. During this time, vendors can sell any food items and accept any form of payment directly. Tasty Ticket sales will end at 3 p.m., but vendors are not allowed to accept any other form of payment until 5 p.m. Failure to respect this rule will result in immediate disqualification and forfeit payment of the tickets received.
Public voting (People’s Choice Award) will be tallied by tickets that patrons cast in favor of the dish they like best.
If you run out of your Signature Dish, you will be required to shutdown. You may stock up and re-open at 5 p.m. during open sales. If you make changes to your Signature Dish or sell other items during the competition, you will be disqualified and forfeit payment from the tickets received. There will be volunteers monitoring the trucks throughout the day. Be prepared to serve a large crowd – remember, the attendance goal is 25,000 to 35,000 people, so plan your dish accordingly. On average in 2023, each truck received 432 tasty tickets.
All completed applications will be reviewed. The Lineup will be announced via email and social media. Application submission does not signify acceptance.
The Chamber will accept only 34 vendors to compete in the event. If a truck is not selected as part of the lineup, the truck may be placed on the waitlist. Applications submitted after the deadline will be placed on the waitlist. Those on the waitlist will be moved into the lineup in order of acceptance.
The Chamber will have an outdoor beer garden with alcoholic beverages available for sale to patrons as well as soft drinks and water stations. Trucks are NOT allowed to sell, sample or include alcoholic and/or non‐alcoholic beverages, complimentary or paid.
Trucks must have a valid McLennan County Food Service License or must apply for a Temporary McLennan Food Service License ($45). Each vendor must submit proof of Temporary Food License application no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, March 1. Failure to submit proof on or before the deadline WILL disqualify a vendor from the event, and a wait-listed vendor will replace the disqualified vendor’s spot in the lineup.
Vendors accepted into the Showdown will also be required to complete and return a W-9 Taxpayer ID Form and a Certificate of Insurance (COI) listing Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce and City of Waco as additionally insured by March 1.
Vendors must arrive between the following time slots:
Friday, April 12 between the hours of 2 – 8 p.m. or Saturday, April 13 between the hours of 5 – 6 a.m. Failure to arrive within the above time slots will result in disqualification from judging.
There is also a mandatory pre-event meeting with the event directors. At least one representative from each truck is REQUIRED to attend. View the Food Truck application for additional contract details.
Interested in being a vendor in our Pop Up Market? Vendor Applications for 2024 will open on December 1, 2023.
FOOD TRUCK VENDOR APPLICATION & CONTRACT
Competitor information for 2024 is listed below.
- JUDGING | 8-10 a.m. (trucks will not be open to the public during this time)
- COMPETITION | 10-4 p.m.
- OPEN SALES | 5-8 p.m.
- LOCATION | Heritage Square in Downtown Waco (311 Austin Ave, Waco, TX 76701)
- REGISTRATION FEE | $100; must be paid within 5 business days of being accepted to the event
- TASTY TICKETS | Trucks will receive $4 per tasty ticket redeemed at their truck during competition time.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE | January 31, 2024
- NOTICE OF ACCEPTANCE DATE | February 2, 2024
- REGISTRATION FEE DUE DATE | February 9, 2024
- OPTIONAL | Refrigerated truck access $25
- HEALTH PERMIT | If your truck normally operates outside of McLennan County, you will need to apply for a temporary health permit - $45. If your normal operations are within McLennan County, we will need a copy of your health permit.
- ESTIMATED ATTENDANCE | 25,000
- On average in 2023, each food truck redeemed 432 tasty tickets during competition time from 10-4 p.m.
This application is only for Food Trucks interested in competing in the 2024 Texas Food Truck Showdown.
POP UP MARKET APPLICATION & CONTRACT
The Texas Food Truck Showdown has a Pop Up Market designated for boutique vendors! Come flaunt what you’ve got!
- DATE | Saturday, April 13, 2024, 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- LOCATION | Heritage Square in Downtown Waco
- FEE | Vendor fee is $200 and includes a 10'x10' space with one table and two chairs
- APPLICATION DEADLINE | February 14, 2024 or until all spots are full
- There are 18 total vendor spaces.
- Electricity and wifi are not available.
- No food or drink may be sold, served or given away NO EXCEPTIONS
- Vendor Space will be assigned at the Waco Chamber of Commerce's discretion
- If accepted as a vendor, you will be notified on Friday, February 16, 2024.
- If accepted, your vendor payment must be received within 5 business days of acceptance, by Friday, February 23, 2024. If payment is not received, the vendor space will be awarded to the next in line.
This application is only for vendors interested in participating in the Pop Up Market at the 2024 Texas Food Truck Showdown.
Vendor applications for 2024 will open on December 1, 2023.