Have you always dreamed of being one of our Celebrity Judges at The Texas Food Truck Showdown? Here’s your chance! During the month of February, we will hold a contest to select the People’s Choice Judge for The Texas Food Truck Showdown 2020. As a judge, you will be asked to taste and score up to forty signature dishes from each of our competing food trucks. Please read below to learn how to enter and all contest details.
One seat on the judging panel for The Texas Food Truck Showdown 2020. The judging panel consists of:
- Thanh Le, Owner, Clay Pot Restaurant
- Lilian Halabi, Owner, Lily’s Cakes
- Doug Renfro, President, Renfro Foods
- Celebrity Judge, TBA
CONTEST RULES AND ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS
To enter, users must send a video via a private message to The Texas Food Truck Showdown Facebook page. Once the initial video submission ends on Sunday, February 16, 2020, the People’s Choice Judge finalists will be selected by the Special Events staff at the Greater Waco Chamber.
These six finalists will be presented to the public via the TFTS Facebook page on Thursday, February 20, 2020, at which time the public will be encouraged to place their vote for the People’s Choice Judge via the post reaction buttons. Each finalist video will be shared as an individual post during the last week of February, which will help the community make their decision. The six finalists may also be asked to attend a face-to-face interview with the event staff before the end of the contest period.
Voting closes at Noon on Friday, February 28, 2020; votes cast after Noon on Friday, February 28, 2020 will not be counted.
You must be 21 years or older to enter the People’s Choice Judge contest and not have any affiliations with food trucks entered into the competition.
Video requirements include:
- Must be a minimum of two minutes, maximum of five minutes in length
- Must provide full name and where you’re from at the beginning of the video
- Must answer the following questions:
- WHY you love The Texas Food Truck Showdown
- WHY you would make the best guest judge
- WHAT is the best dish you’ve ever tried at The Texas Food Truck Showdown
- Must be family-appropriate; any submissions including vulgarity or profanity will be deleted and not considered
- Must include the user’s full face; video cannot be a sound or voice recording
By entering this contest, you understand that:
- Contest entry does not guarantee acceptance into the final six.
- If selected as a finalist, contestants will be required to submit proof of age, professional headshot and contact information.
- The final six contestants will be decided by the Special Events staff at the Greater Waco Chamber.
- The overall winner will be determined by public vote.
- Videos may be used as promotional/marketing material for The Texas Food Truck Showdown.
- People’s Choice Judge will not be compensated or paid for his/her contribution to the judging panel; this is a volunteer opportunity.
- People’s Choice Judge should have minimal or no food allergies or restrictions, as the dishes required to taste will be diverse.
- People’s Choice Judge will be required to be on-site the day of the Showdown, Saturday, March 28, 2020 from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- If People’s Choice Judge does not live within Waco city limits or McLennan County, they are responsible for any necessary overnight accommodations or travel expenses.
- People’s Choice Judge will be required to sign a Judging Agreement Contract.
This contest will run solely on Facebook, Facebook.com/TheTexasFoodTruckShowdown. The contest will be marketed on the TFTS Instagram account, but entries should only be submitted via Facebook. The guest judge will be selected via Facebook.
The contest will take place in two parts: video submissions and public voting. The first part of the contest begins Thursday, February 6, 2020 and video submissions will close at 5 p.m. on Sunday, February 16, 2020.
After video submissions close, six People’s Choice Judge video submissions will be selected by Special Events staff at the Greater Waco Chamber as finalists. Once the six finalists are selected, public voting will open on Thursday, February 20, 2020 and will close at Noon on Friday, February 28, 2020. Voting will take place via the TFTS Facebook page where the public can cast their vote for the People’s Choice Judge using the post reaction buttons. The People’s Choice Judge will be announced via social media by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, March 3, 2020.