Schedule of Events
We are excited to announce that The Texas Food Truck Showdown will be back on April 7, 2018. Below is the 2018 Schedule of Events, but please check back regularly as we will be adding information as we get closer to the event.
- Celebrity judging from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. *Please note that food trucks will begin selling their signature dishes at 10 a.m.*
- Competition and Public Voting from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. – *NOTE: Tickets only accepted during this time. Tickets will not be available for purchase after 3 p.m.*
- Live music and entertainment throughout the day on our main stage – stay tuned for a schedule.
- The KidsZone will include Claymation activities by Cultural Arts of Waco and a petting zoo from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Performances from Ponies & Pals Petting Zoo will be provided throughout the day (details below).
- Len Pawelek, Certified Executive Chef & Culinary Arts Department lead at TSTC will be conducting food demonstrations of TSTC Chuckwagon Chili in the KidsZone at 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. Chef Pawelek will demonstrate basic culinary skills (knife cuts, roasting peppers, stewing, preparation of spices, thickeners, care of cast iron equipment), and make and sample three different styles of chili (Basic Texas Red, White Chicken Chili, and Chocolate Chili).
- The Texas Food Truck Champion announced at 4:30 p.m.
- Food Trucks Re-Open for dinner with full menus from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and will stop taking tickets at this time.