Around the Showdown
We are excited to announce that The Texas Food Truck Showdown will be back on March 17, 2018. Below is the 2018 Schedule of Events, but please check back regularly as we will be adding information as we get closer to the event.
- Celebrity judging from 8 to 10 a.m. *Please note that food trucks will begin selling their signature dishes at 10 a.m.*
- Competition and Public Voting from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. – *NOTE: Tickets only accepted during this time. Tickets will not be available for purchase after 3 p.m.*
- Artists’ Market featuring local artists with unique pieces and products. From various artwork to handcrafted jewelry and pottery, visit the artists’ market from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Beer and Wine Garden will be available from 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Be sure to enjoy some spirits at our beer and wine garden! No tickets necessary. Purchase beer and wine directly from the beer and wine garden tent with cash or card.
- Live music and entertainment starting at noon, that will continue throughout the day on our main stage featuring:
-Bill & Phil
-Johnny Joe Ramos
-Sloppy Joe Band
- The Providence KidsZone will include face painting, children’s activities and Ponies & Pals Petting Zoo throughout the day. Austin Reptile Shows will have reptile adventures at 10:30 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m., 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Len Pawelek, Certified Executive Chef & Culinary Arts Department lead from a local Community College will be conducting food demonstrations at 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. Chef Pawelek will demonstrate basic culinary skills (knife cuts, preparation of spices and care of equipment).
- The Texas Food Truck Champion will be announced around 4:30 p.m.
- Food Trucks Re-Open for dinner with full menus from 4 to 8 p.m. and will stop taking tickets at this time.
- Live broadcasts from iHeartMedia throughout the day from Waco 100.
- Live coverage from KWTX News from their Game Day trailer.
Thank you to our presenting sponsor, Jeff Hunter Toyota.