Around the Showdown
2017 Activities Around The Texas Food Truck Showdown
- KidsZone – Open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., the KidsZone will be chock-full of good stuff guaranteed to make kids of all ages have a good time! A place for kids to be kids, the KidsZone will feature a petting zoo and Claymation activities by Cultural Arts of Waco. There will also be food demonstrations and performances from Twiggy, the water-skiing squirrel, at different times throughout the day (see details below).
- Guns 4 Roses Concert – Who’s ready to rock?! The Guns 4 Roses Tribute band will knock your socks off! This will be a free concert that will take place from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on our main stage! Want to learn a little more about this band – check them out here!
- Beer and Wine Gardens – Be sure to enjoy some libations at our two beer and wine gardens! You will need to purchase separate tickets for the beer and wine garden. These can be purchased outside each beer and wine tent and we will take both cash and credit cards when purchasing those tickets. Beer will be $4.00 and wine $4.00.
- Twiggy, the water-skiing squirrel, will be performing 15 minute shows at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m. and 5 p.m., and will then greet fans after shows in the KidsZone.
- Food demonstrations will be conducted by Len Pawelek, Certified Executive Chef & Culinary Arts Department lead at TSTC, of TSTC Chuckwagon Chili in the KidsZone at 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. (We also want to thank the Waco Farmers Market* for donating food for the demos!)
- The Petting Zoo, located in the KidsZone, will feature a wide variety of animals from Lance the Lemur and pot belly pigs to miniature goats and horses!
- Live broadcasts from iHeartMedia on site from Waco 100 – be sure to hang out with Zack and Jim!
- Live coverage from KWTX News from their Game Day trailer.
- Live entertainment on the main stage throughout the day prior to the concert. Stay tuned for a more detailed schedule of performances.
- Mobile boutiques and vendors from around the state.
*NOTE: The Waco Downtown Farmers Market is open every Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., at 500 Washington Ave. Their mission is to bring locally grown and prepared foods to downtown Waco. The Farmers Market is a great gathering place for breakfast, lunch or even your weekly shopping for produce, meat, eggs, honey, milk, bread and more!